Monday, February 28, 2011

Perfect.....



So this morning I was in my car driving to work, when I heard the song F**k'n Perfect by Pink playing on the radio. I don't normally like Pink, but this song caught my guard because of the lyrics. When I got into work I decided to check out the video - and lo and behold the video itself was pretty gruesome.

The video basically depicted the importance of finding happiness within yourself, and not changing yourself to make someone else happy. Whoever is in your life should always accept you for who you are. With that being said, it's always hard to do this given how media portrays true beauty, and how as human beings we always want to be accepted by everyone.

At the end of the day though - I think I'd very much rather be myself - I know that I will always have a little bit of self esteem issues given circumstances with my family and also past experiences...but hey - I'm trying. I'd rather have ppl in my life who accept me for who I am and who will always want the best for me. Life is just too short to try and please everybody else. We have to remember that by nature I think humans just like to focus on negativity...and it's not on purpose - we just have a tendency to forget about the positives.

It's important who you choose to surround you - these people should love you for who you are and should always support you. Especially your lover!! It is these people who will cry for you when you cry and laugh when you laugh. It's these people that will make a difference in your life....


No comments:

Post a Comment