Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Love is


I recently met with a client today who is going through a rough break up. When I spoke to her about relationships, I could see the pain written all over her face. Unfortunately based on previous experience she has become very jaded in regards to relationships. As I grow older I'm finding that a lot of people are more and more bitter/jaded about love. They have a tendency to look at past experiences, or people surrounding them, and they make assumptions that all relationships are like this. They like to think that true love doesn't exist. Rather than learning from previous experiences, they'd rather dwell on it, and it prevents them from moving on.

Which brings me to my second thought. My good friend has recently become excited about a new circumstance/potential love. I'd like to say that it is so refreshing to see this excitement from a close friend. It is a nice change to what I am currently used to seeing. They feel that they are acting like a highschool kid and that they are nervous about it. They feel that they are being vulnerable and silly - but to me. I find that absolutely adorable. It brings a smile to my face and gives me hope that not the entire world is jaded about relationships.

My friend and I discussed the movie Scott Pilgram. I see life/love like this movie. You gotta fight some demons/bad guys to find the true love of your life. If you don't fight some "bad guys" you won't appreciate the true love when you find it. I also like this movie because it teaches about self respect. :)

In any case - I'm still a firm believer in true love. And am also a firm believer in working on it when you find it.

On a side note - in regards to love - I gotta say - It is so cute when boys are smitten over a girl. Just so damn adorable. A few of my guy friends are going through this, and it is so wonderful to see them prancing around like school boys. ( If my friend read this - he would correct me and say men - not boys. bwahaha)

Love is a funny kind of thing. Through all the aches, pain and tears - at the end of the day it still makes the world so much brighter.

xoxo

" I'm in lesbian with you"

No comments:

Post a Comment